Pinsec is the name of a little FPGA SoC fully written in SpinalHDL. Goals of this project are multiple :
- Prove that SpinalHDL is a viable HDL alternative in non-trivial projects.
- Show advantage of SpinalHDL meta-hardware description capabilities in a concrete project.
- Provide a fully open source SoC.
Pinsec has followings hardware features:
- AXI4 interconnect for high speed busses
- APB3 interconnect for peripherals
- RISCV CPU with instruction cache, MUL/DIV extension and interrupt controller
- JTAG bridge to load binaries and debug the CPU
- SDRAM SDR controller
- On chip ram
- One UART controller
- One VGA controller
- Some timer module
- Some GPIO
The toplevel code explanation could be find there
A DE1-SOC FPGA project can be find there with some demo binaries.